Saturday, October 21, 2006

Blasphemy


The devil and destroyer of communities across America is so desperate for a good PR campaign that they have resorted to paying such a firm to pose as a blogger.

In other news, check out this internal "for management distribution only memo" documenting Walmart's new salary caps. Even Wal-Mart's supporters have had it and are cutting all ties to the big-box retailer.

8 comments:

SheaNC said...

I hate Walmart... but I dig this blog! I'm blogrolling this one 8^)

Ciao!

Anonymous said...

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and tried to get my soul out of layaway and they told me that another shopper had taken my soul and left theirs! So I took it and i am trying it out, but something tells me the unidentified person whose soul I now use was a politician or a neocon. I know this only because on the way home with it i kept wanting to turn into a church and pray for Bush to win the `08 election by becoming King of the US! And another give away was that I drove by a homeless man and didn't give him any money!

I think I'm taking this soul back and if i can't find my own I'll have to take Wal-Mart to court and that could take fifteen years and I'll be souless! Help me!

Daniel said...

Funny how we got rid of our Royal Masters then allowed Politicians and Multi-national companies to become our new ones!

"When will we ever learn..."

Anonymous said...

i won't cry the day that wal-mart is finally brought to their knees. SHAME on them! i'll have to tell you my story sometime, if i can ever sit down to write it all out again.

msliberty said...

Sheanc - you're in good company around here. Welcome!

TPM - ROLF!

Daniel - That's just what I want to know.

Kara - I'll wait as long as it takes.

Anonymous said...

Shocking. And in New Orleans, some call it Sprawl-Mart.

Poetryman: in Mario de Andrade's novel Macunaima (1928 and funny), the (Brazilian) hero leaves the jungle to go to the city because a giant who lives there has stolen his talisman. He leaves his conscience on an island in the Amazon, because you can't have a conscience in the city. On the way back, he stops to pick it up, but it has been stolen. The conscience of a Spanish American is there, though, so he takes that - and finds that is no different from his own.

Anonymous said...

professor zero,

Now that's a great story, I'll have to check out that book sometime.

WalMart has done more to destroy small town America probably than any other company. Vermont has been fairly successful in keeping the greedy suckers out but they are desperately fighting to get in and destroy the only state left that hasn't felt its wrath.

Thanks for this info, :)

QuakerDave said...

Just another really good reason to NEVER SET FOOT IN ONE OF THESE STORES!

Whew. Now I feel better. Thanks.