This comes from Human Rights Campaign:In most states, you can be fired for being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender, regardless of your performance or qualifications. HRC has been fighting since 2004 to pass a federal law to end this injustice.
Congressional leaders have decided to push a version of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act that includes sexual orientation, but not gender identity. Tell Congress to support the Baldwin Amendment to ENDA, which would place gender identity back into the bill - and ensure all GLBT people have full employment equality.
This is a historic vote. For the first time ever, the House of Representatives is poised to vote on employment protections for the GLBT community. Help us make sure every member of the GLBT community is included in those protections.
Make sure the Baldwin Amendment passes! Call Congress today at (202) 224-3121, and tell your representative to support the Baldwin Amendment to ENDA.
Then, be sure to send an email to reinforce your call.
We must do this. It is long overdue.










2 comments:
"It's long overdue."
Isn't it though!? Come on world! Move on!
This is the type of Civil Rights Legislation that I can get behind. I read some about it on Americablog a bit ago. It was too much of a rant to tell exactly what it was all about. You have put it much clearer to me. I don't know if the measure is still up, but I'll call Monday.
Peace.
Post a Comment