Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Another Child Left Behind


Read the story at Common Dreams.
We don't have the political will to provide adequate
mental health services to citizens of this country.
Who's going to help this little boy make sense of his world?

5 comments:

Undeniable Liberal said...

Oh, he will make sense of it alright. As in doing whatever he can to kill the occupiers that AREN'T winning hearts and minds.
And we wonder why they hate us??

Chuck said...

Him. And the 4,5,6,7,8,9. and 10 year olds that survive the slaughter of their mother, father, brothers and sisters in their presence.

I have to quit reading blogs today and take a break. It needs to be told but it's incredibly hard to read. You know what I mean?

Human said...

Hi Melissa. Glad to see you are still at it.

I don't know how anybody can think, as some do, that we can continue to do this around the world and not suffer sever consequences.

Peace.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"We don't have the political will to provide adequate
mental health services to citizens of this country.
Who's going to help this little boy make sense of his world?"

There is something marvelously wonderful about the human spirit overcoming the worse of adversity, and growing stronger. I cam only hope this child will be one of those.

Blue said...

What a heartbreaker.
Pictures, stories like this are so hard to fathom...
but they can also motivate.