The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy,
but a love of one's country deep enough to call her to a higher plain.
George McGovern
The political message is this: The outrageous amount of money our government spends on the miliatry industrial complex should be reappropriated to fund things like schools and health care. The point is that if we were to spend LESS money on the military, ie (5 oreos) we would still far outspend all of our potential enemies, real or imagined.
I love that they bring the issue to an elementary level...it is not that complicated if it can be explained with cookies!
They just need to stop spending so much money on the military! I'd even suggest more than five cookies get redistributed :-)
I have been sharing this comedian clip with lots of folks today but it is soooo good! Jump to the 2 minute and 25 second mark to hear a great skit on voting!!
A true classic and great way to represent how whacked out our values are. Have you seen the one where they drop b.b.s to represent all of the nukes we have in the US? Truly excessive and terrifying.
10 comments:
I like oreos. great with milk. If there is a political message I missed it sorry.
The political message is this: The outrageous amount of money our government spends on the miliatry industrial complex should be reappropriated to fund things like schools and health care. The point is that if we were to spend LESS money on the military, ie (5 oreos) we would still far outspend all of our potential enemies, real or imagined.
that was a great vid. though i think he should have used organic, generic oreos but then that is just my opinion.
One of my favorite cookies, too!:) Not only is our budget distribution far out of whack, but management of same is in chaos!!
Yes, Luisa, I agree!
I'm in. I always respond to cookie logic.
I love that they bring the issue to an elementary level...it is not that complicated if it can be explained with cookies!
They just need to stop spending so much money on the military!
I'd even suggest more than five cookies get redistributed :-)
I have been sharing this comedian clip with lots of folks today but it is soooo good! Jump to the 2 minute and 25 second mark to hear a great skit on voting!!
Kyle Cease Skit
i love me some oreo cartoon! it's been awhile since i've seen it - but stll as delicious as the first day i did.
A true classic and great way to represent how whacked out our values are. Have you seen the one where they drop b.b.s to represent all of the nukes we have in the US? Truly excessive and terrifying.
Such a simple concept. I LOVE it!! It would make a GREAT commercial on the teevee.
Post a Comment