The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy,
but a love of one's country deep enough to call her to a higher plain.
George McGovern
What an awesome slide show!!!!! Pictures of happy, loving couples...now how on earth can that possibly threaten the institution of marriage and the moral fabric of our society?
If I had emails for all the homo-haters in my little town who have been making our lives (and our teaching) so difficult lately, I'd forward this to all of them.
pop: That's the part I don't get. I have been married to the same person for 26 years, and we are amazingly happy. Yes, still. Why would we all not want that for everyone?
Besides, how much more of a mess can gay folks make out of marriage, compared to what straights have done to it? More than half the kids in my class are from "non-traditional" homes this year, most of them divorces. Yup, those gays sure are a threat...
12 comments:
Sometimes you have to fight for love.
What an awesome slide show!!!!! Pictures of happy, loving couples...now how on earth can that possibly threaten the institution of marriage and the moral fabric of our society?
Nando, You can say that again!
Blue, isn't it great! I'm so glad you followed the link!
So many beautiful people looking so damned happy. Tell me again how that is going to destroy my marriage. I still can't figure that part out.
YES! You have a talent with images Ms Liberty! I think we must stop defining ourselves by our gender and just be human first.
Support Love
Not a problem at all! So how much is the sex?:) Joking, just joking, folks!
This was a beautiful piece that said so much.
I most definitely support love! Beautiful presentation. How can you not support love after seeing that.
Love is too complex for it to be boxed. I hate when people try. great post.
That is some good stuff right there.
If I had emails for all the homo-haters in my little town who have been making our lives (and our teaching) so difficult lately, I'd forward this to all of them.
pop: That's the part I don't get. I have been married to the same person for 26 years, and we are amazingly happy. Yes, still. Why would we all not want that for everyone?
Besides, how much more of a mess can gay folks make out of marriage, compared to what straights have done to it? More than half the kids in my class are from "non-traditional" homes this year, most of them divorces. Yup, those gays sure are a threat...
I think everybody should have the Right to be Married. Why should us Hetros be the only ones to suffer?
OT - Melissa - Look what someone said about you.
I wouldn't take that lying down.
Peace.
Love this post, Melissa. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment