- No vegetarians live here. I just purchased a foot-long veggie Subway sandwich, complete with real cheddar cheese, for $3.29. In an airport.
- There is a contingent of middle-aged businessmen who will still pay someone else to shine their shoes. I sincerely believed that this was an antiquated service, but it is alive and thriving in Terminal A. I even passed one station where there was a line. People were actually waiting to get their shoes shined by someone else. If I hadn’t observed this phenomena with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe it to be true.
- The locals are very proud of their football team. It’s not even football season yet (is it?), but the Cowboy fans are already donning the appropriate, official NFL jerseys. I don’t want to exaggerate, so I won’t. Just let me say that of the last 88 people who walked by, 29 were wearing some sort of Cowboy apparel: shirts, hats, shorts, or footwear (!!).
Friday, September 01, 2006
From August 23, 2006
Things I’ve learned about Texas in my sixty minutes at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Here in Philly, we have two words that say it all:
"Dallas sucks."
Post a Comment